Students, parents and alumni have become believers in St. Brigid Catholic School because of our rich, dynamic learning experience and faith-based environment for the past 100 years! We strengthen each student’s moral and physical foundation by educating the whole child — mind, body and spirit.
Our curriculum was developed in partnership with the Diocese of Saginaw Office of Catholic Schools and includes religion, language arts, science, social studies and math. We have technology in every class and a science specialist works with all of our students. We also offer electives in Spanish, information technology, art, music, drama and more, plus many extracurricular opportunities.
We provide a school setting that is safe and comfortable. In addition, we promote health and activity through physical education and our athletics program.
Religion is taught daily in the classroom, and students participate in a weekly Circle of Prayer and Mass. We enhance these spiritual teachings through opportunities to serve others. At St. Brigid, we are proud to offer Catechesis of the Good Shepherd for our younger students.
With our small class sizes, students receive individualized support often not afforded at larger schools. Students consistently score at or around the diocesan average and well above state scores in reading and math.
Our safe and cooperative school setting creates a welcoming, family atmosphere and prevents bullying.
St. Brigid Catholic School is tuition-based but affordable, and we will work with you to find a tuition plan that makes sense for your circumstances.
At St. Brigid of Kildare, nourished by the Word and Sacraments, we find life in Christ by gathering disciples for worship, service, and education.
Philosophy and Goals
St. Brigid School believes in the education of the whole child — mind, body and spirit — in an environment that will enable students to develop to their fullest potential. Catholic values are integrated into the overall school environment to reinforce values taught at home by parents. Essential to our goals is the celebration of liturgy and prayer, a strong academic program, and opportunities for each child to sense his or her worth in the eyes of God and him or herself. St. Brigid Catholic School seeks to be an example of a living faith community. We strive to be of service to each other, parents, parishioners and the community.
To achieve our vision for excellence at St. Brigid School, we commit ourselves:
- To make known to each student that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior
- To develop a respect for others, young and old, as persons loved and saved by Christ
- To instill a basic understanding of Catholic ideals and attitudes in our students
- To enable each student to develop and improve basic skills necessary for a strong academic foundation
- To help each student develop the power to think constructively and reason independently
- To provide experiences through which each student can develop their creativity and appreciation of aesthetic values
- To promote a positive attitude toward physical development and healthful living
- To develop a sense of one’s individual worth
- To help students accept responsibility for their own behavior
130 W. Larkin St.
Midland, MI 48640